Monday, February 21, 2005

Family: Brotherly Love

Is it at all possible to do so much? Is it possible to be a surgeon, a mother, a wife, a poet, a friend, AND A BLOGGER? Perhaps it is the thinness of the hour that feeds these fears, these doubts. Or the vastness of possibility in this newfound medium, so easy to set up, I'm set before I'm ready.

We drive to Philadelphia in the morning. To visit with my mother-in-law, recovering from treatment of a microscopically metastatic breast cancer. We all can't wait to see her, to touch the peach fuzz that must be growing back by now, to banter about social security and health insurance, to drag her to A.C., her old stomping ground, or back north with us to our still-new home, a house she helped us buy, yet hasn't been able to visit since last summer.

So I must post, with haste, my first post on my first blog. For in the morning we visit the City of Brotherly Love. Is it at all possible to do so much? I am grateful for the opportunity to try.